Upcoming Educational Plan
SIS would like to thank you for your support, patience, and cooperation. We understand the challenges that online learning poses for both parents and students. Here are some important school announcements.
Grades 1 to 12 Students
Starting Sunday, January 10th, the school timings and schedule will change for Grades 1-12 students. Students will have 5-session days that will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 1:10 p.m.
In addition, grades 1-8 students will have their Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) sessions every Tuesday from 1:30-2:00 p.m.
KG students will continue having 4-session days. We understand that online learning for this stage can be difficult. In this regard, starting Sunday, January 17th, two videos per day covering the core subjects will be uploaded to Vimeo for KG students to watch during their Zoom sessions and available for parents and students at any time.
Netiquette Rules for Live Sessions
Students should continue following the netiquette (net + etiquette) rules of acceptable online behavior during live sessions.
1. Be present and on time.
● Attending online learning sessions is mandatory, and punctuality is important.
● Assistant principals should be notified if a student will be absent with an excuse.
● Students experiencing technical difficulties or other issues must notify their teachers to avoid any grade deductions.
2. Be respectful.
Students should be respectful during online sessions and aware that they are not always going to agree with every opinion. You can disagree with someone and respect them at the same time.
3. Using proper language.
Students should speak and respond appropriately. Oral and written communication should reflect correct speaking and writing rules. Students should be conscious of using strong/inappropriate language, as it is easy for written text to be misread and misunderstood.
4. Follow the same rules that are followed at school.
● Come prepared and ready to learn.
● Pay attention to your teachers and students who are speaking.
● Think before you speak.
● Using cell phones is not allowed during the session.
● Eating or drinking during the session is not permitted.
● Speak English at all times, except during the Arabic, Religion, and 2nd Language sessions.
● Raise your hand if you have any questions.
● Texting between students on the Zoom Chat is not allowed unless instructed otherwise.
● Teachers will dismiss students from the Zoom session and will refer to the students’ handbook if any inappropriate language or behavior occurs during the lesson.
5. Stay on topic.
During online discussions/instructions/lessons, students must respond using comments, images, and ideas that are relevant to the topic.
6. Dress appropriately.
● Students should dress in a way that is modest, clean, and avoid any unnecessary distractions.
● Students should wear their school uniform T-Shirt (only the school T-Shirt is necessary).
7. Choose a good location.
● Students should make sure they are sitting in quiet and clean spaces during live sessions.
● Choosing a reliable place will help ensure everyone can listen without being distracted by background noises or objects.
● Cameras should be on at all times during the session.
● Microphones should be off at all times during the session unless instructed otherwise.
● Using proper lighting and sitting with a plain background or wall is of high importance.
● Students should use school ID plus their first and second names only. (ex:1234 Ahmed Mohamed)
● Teachers will dismiss students who are not following the username rules.
Additional Important Notes
● Parent interference/interruption is not allowed during the lesson.
● Students who do not follow the rules mentioned above will receive a discipline referral, be placed in the Zoom waiting room, or be dismissed from the Zoom session.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your child’s assistant principal.